Saturday, March 30, 2013

Week 1 - March 26, 2013


Hello Everyone!
There is so much to talk about I do not think I will be able to squeeze it all in. Right now it's about 7:30 in Ghana. I did the math and it's about 1:30 in St. George. Sorry If I awoke anyone in my house. Life in the Ghana MTC is really different then what I had thought it would be like. There is only AC in the Kitchen, Chapel/Meeting room, and all the classrooms. However that being said, they are only working half of the time. The power in  Ghana goes on and off all the time apparently. While the Church has a backup Generator here, it is in poor condition and has failed now the last 3 days. So we have power on and off. I'm sweating you as I write this and I'm sitting at a chair typing, with the AC ON. When the power is not on, the MTC becomes a giant oven. There's a reason they keep this one quiet. LOL. But I was told by the MTC President that the Church is currently building a new MTC over by the Temple. Also when it is complete, the Ghana MTC will host all  French Speaking Missionaries coming to Africa. It will also host all English speaking missionaries coming to the North and Middle parts of Africa as well. Johannesburg will continue to host the missionaries from down yonder. Today we are going to the Ghana Accra Temple. Some of the Missionaries here have not taken out their own endowments so we get to go do that today. I'm super excited to see the Temple again. I'm not used to not seeing it everyday.
Well I have got to go. Talk to you next week.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
Love...
Elder Bowden.
 
 
Mom,
I need a care package. I am sweating like crazy. The rooms are so hot at night it's almost impossible to sleep. I need you to send me another fan, preferably a bigger one with more then one speed. Also, more socks. Socks get so wet from the sweat that we have to change them twice a day at some point.  Other then that life is good. Hot and Humid, my clothes stick to me like crazy but it is fun. I am enjoying life here. Talk to you next week.
 
LOVE YOU MOM DAD and HALIE! Say Hi to Hayes for me.
 
LOVE
 
Your Son
 
Elder Bowden. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment