Monday, November 11, 2013

Greetings from Ghana!!!!

     So it has been another week!  I should let you all know that I am now a TRAINER!!!  Yes, little old me has been called to train a new missionary. I consider myself extremely blessed because most missionaries do not get the opportunity to train.  It is exciting and nerve rattling.  I want to do a good job so today my companion and I went and did a little preparation for the transfer this Wednesday.  More details next week.

     The great news for this week is that we had two baptisms!  YAY!!!  A mother and a daughter.  It was a great experience for them AND my companion was the one to perform the baptism.  So exciting!!  His first time ever doing it.  If this computer didn't have so many viruses on it, I would send pictures, but I do not want to corrupt my card.

     Because I am training, I got to go to a 3 hour long meeting about how to become a great trainer.  It was a good meeting.  President and Sister Hill both spoke and both the APs spoke.  I enjoyed it a lot and learned a ton from it.  While I was at that, I was on an exchange with another missionary that was also training.  The great news is while we were in that meeting, my companion and Elder Valdez (from SLC) were in our area and taught 6 lessons and gave out 2 baptismal dates.  Awesome!!!!

     Because I am going to be a trainer, my companion and I are trying to decide where he is going to be transferred.  We are trying to figure out the best scenario as if we actually decided or not where he goes.  LOL!!
  
  Also this week we got to go to the temple.  It was amazing!  So that was my week.  It was a wonderful week and I am grateful for the experiences Heavenly Father has given me each and every week.  I know that I am not perfect and that patience is needed each and every day.  I love all of you and look forward to hearing from you next week.

Love,

Elder Ty M. Bowden

No comments:

Post a Comment