Monday, November 18, 2013

Hi Everyone!!

Well brothers and sisters, this week has been A week.  Thank goodness it is over.  Not that last week was a bad week, just that it could of gone way better.  Training a new missionary is different than I thought it would be.  I love it so far!  But just like any new experience, it's not always quite like what we all expect it to be.  I love my new missionary to death.  He is super super funny and wacky! His name is Elder Reeves.  He is 20 years old (yes he is older than me) and is from Seattle.  It is more like an hour away, but that is what he says when meeting people or they think he is from Washington DC.  He is super excited to be here.  He wants to go out and work super hard.

This transfer they also put 2 more missionaries in the District.  So now our ward has 2 districts in it. The Sisters are part of my old area, Tantra Hills District.  Elder Anderson finally got his wish and he was transferred to the bush.  He is in the hardest area of the bush, though, so be careful what you wish for. :)  Our apartment now includes:
          Zone Leader and his companion
                District Leader and his companion
                     Trainer and his son  <---------- THAT'S ME!!!

This week begins our first full week as father and son.  We are going to do a lot of contacting and teaching people.  He needs to just get out and see what it is really like to be working in Africa.  He is doing great though.  I wish the area was in a little better shape than what it is currently in.  I know with some heart-felt prayers, my working harder, and contacting more people Heavenly Father will provide a way.

It is time to go.  I will have much more to talk about once we get properly on our feet.   Patience is going to be key for us these next few days.

God is King!
The Book is Blue!
Cougars are the Best!
Elder Bowden is the very mostly Blessed (I know, bad grammar)

Love,
Bowden Elder          (I think that is backwards)

No comments:

Post a Comment