Monday, December 2, 2013

Last Weeks BLOG. SORRY FOR THE DELAY!!!!!

  So on this week, a few things have happened that were fun. One is the fact that week 2 of training is over. Now it's onto week 3 and another week of teaching this "greenie" about the doctrines and principles of missionary life. Indeed I am quite impressed with Elder Reeves so far with food. He has mastered how to make the missionary breakfast. Bread and Egg. He is learning a lot of other things but little by little. And he won't learn it all at once. It will for sure take some time but he will get there soon enough.
     We are working now on improving our numbers. The only way we can do that is to find as many people as we can. We are trying to explore new ideas and find new areas to work on. But it will take time as we get rid of the old and start working with the new. We found last week a lot of new people to start teaching and now it is all just depending on us teaching them and the Holy Spirit testifying to them of what we are saying is true. Which it will do of course, it's just a matter of if they listen or not. 
     Funny story. Yesterday was Missionary Sunday in our Ward. We had this great Sunday planned. Well, funny part. 10 minutes before the meeting was to begin, whose car do I see pull up, President and Sister Hill's.... Award...Not really but it was shocking to say the least. Because none of us told them that we were having such a Sacrament meeting, and now they just show up...WHAT??? Well we had planned a Sister missionary and an Elder speak then one member of the bishopric. Well, Bishop changes it to the final two speakers and President and Sister Hills. It was a wonderful meeting and President Hill met with all of our investigators after church. Sister Hill went to primary and taught the kids a new primary song. With the help of Elder Morrison. It was a wonderful day and hopefully we have more like it. 
     I would just like to send a great shout out to my Mom and Dad. They sent me a wonderful package with candy and cds in it. I would like to take this time to thank them for that wonderful gift that they gave to me, I received it on Saturday at the Nsawam Open House. 
     Now the Nsawam open house. It was a great time as well to meet new contacts and try to have them come to the chapel in Nsawam. I hope and pray that we got some serious investigators out of it. 
     I thought I should let you know that I am currently downloading the April 1971 General Conference Talks onto one of my Sd Cards. Why might you ask? Because I downloaded all of 2012 and 2013 and was like, I wonder what the oldest Conference Talk is on the website that i can download. 1971 April was my answer. COOL!!!! Did you know that back then Conference was also on Tuesday! That is weird. I am glad the church did away with that Idea. 
     Well, I better sign off for now. It was great to sit and talk with all of you wonderful people once again. 

I LOVE ALL OF YOU SO SO SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


ELDER TY M. BOWDEN 

No comments:

Post a Comment