Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year

Well, as we welcome 2014 we say goodbye to 2013. Not gonna lie. This past year has been very strange and different for me. To start off at home and being with all of my friends to go to the heat of the battle and become a missionary, very different life to live. This will be the only full year that I will be a missionary. From January to December I am a missionary. Then come 2015, I have small time till I return to you. But that is in the far future. Cars will be flying by that time. For now, the time is 2014. We have to look ahead with faith. 

This Christmas was very nice. We got up and had a baptism. Then we went out and got to work in the mission field. No members fed us. Nothing like that, just straight going and seeing people and then we go home and call home. AWESOME!!!!!!! I loved it. I cannot wait until May to call home again. By that time I will have 10 months left in Ghana. Crazy!!!!!

Life is good here. Still In Amasaman. Part of Ofankor ward. There are ten missionaries in this ward. Four Sister Missionaries and six Elders . . in one ward. Crazy. Come March they should be splitting the ward. However this Sunday we did lose the first councilor to the Bishop. He moved to a different stake . So our Bishop only has one councilor now. Not sure if we will get one before March. I doubt it. Tantra Hills still hasn't replaced the councilor since he moved and it's been longer than a year. 

I would just like to thank all of you who sent me anything for Christmas. It was really nice of you to do that and it must of come at a great cost to you. I can't imagine the sacrifice that you must of had to do that for me. 

Well, this is going to be an interesting week. I will let you know how it goes next week. Sorry this email isn't the best. I have been multitasking a lot today and didn't get to put in as much as I could of. I need to write this on Sunday and then type it on Monday. I will try that next week. 
Love you all, 

Elder Bowden!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment