Monday, November 11, 2013

November Is Here

So, it is November. Probably my favorite month of the year, Football, basketball, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, AND.......Missionary work... 
     So you all want to know how to pronounce my companions name and the town I am in. Well my companion's name is Elder Kiwanuka (Chee Wan Nuke AH) and the town we are in is call Amasaman (Awe Ma Saw Man)
     So I would just like to let all of you know that tomorrow, Elder Bowden is GOING TO THE TEMPLE!!!!!!! 
     Now one thing that is interesting about Ghana is almost every other week there is a holiday of one kind or another. Like coming up is the Ghana vs Egypt (game two) of the FiFa tournament. That day will be a holiday. Schools will be closed and life as we know it will be over. For example during that 90 minutes of game 1 we taught no one. Everyone was home, but no one was interested because of the game. Same thing probably this time. But we will try never the less.  
     Breaking news, the Tesano Zone, Split... So now I am in the Tantra Zone and Elder Smith is the Zone Leader and my District Leader is now the other Zone Leader. Thrilling.  Also my district split so now its just the 6 Elders in the District and the Sisters are now part of the Tantra District with Elder Anderson (2nd Companion) as the new District Leader there. So currently the District Leader turned Zone Leader is still the District Leader until transfers. Then they will either call one of the missionaries in the apartment to be District Leader or bring in another missionary. Details hopefully sooner rather than later. 
     Well I would like to talk about Saturday and Sunday for a minute. These two days mark my 2nd out of 4 Stake Conferences here in Ghana. We had a special guest. Elder Dube of the First Quorum of the Seventy. COOL!!!!!! Saturdays Adult Session was all about missionary work. He did a presentation on missionaries and the ward council and asked actual members who participate in Ward Council to come up and help. Our ward Mission Leader was chosen for the ward mission leader position. And....Elder Dube asked him to pick two Elders to come and join the council....and you will never guess who my ward mission leader picked....YUP....me and my Companion, in front of the entire adult session of the Tesano Stake. Ya it was awesome! Made a joke, whole audience laughed, even Elder Dube, and then helped for 8 minutes. 
     The Sunday Session was just as good. I would like to explain the Tesano Stake Center. Originally it was built as a regular chapel for the Tesano ward. Well, when the Adenta Stake split there was no Stake Center for the new Tesano Stake, so they threw the new stake presidency into a broom closet. Literally!  One office for the stake president and his entire staff. So with that image, imagine a regular size stake back home, picture them all gathering at a regular chapel, tiny overflow, no gym... They put seats in the parking lot, every classroom, and even in the institute building next door!
     President and Sister Hill both spoke.  It was amazing!  Sister Hill I remember spoke about joy, and President Hill of course spoke about missionary work. Then Sister Dube spoke about a certain topic that I cannot recall off the top of my mind. Then Elder Dube finished talking to everyone about tithing. He spoke about more things but that was the focus point for sure. 
     So that was a very interesting week for me. That is about it for me. I would love and talk about more but I simply do not have enough room in my mind to remember it all. So until next week!!!!!

Love Greatly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Elder Ty M. Bowden. 

Ps. Packages with leftover Halloween candy are welcomed. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment