Monday, January 27, 2014

Greetings from Ghana

Well, it seems like every time I try to write a long email, something always comes up. This week the internet crashed. So now it's back and we can start our discussion. So how was this week?  Normal like usual. No baptisms for the month of January,  but we got in a lot of teaching and trying to strengthen new members of the ward. 
     Fun news about this week. On Thursday, Elder Bednar will be coming to meet all the missionaries of the Ghana Accra & Accra West Mission! This is BIG!!!! AN Apostle is coming to visit us! YAY!!!! Next week I will send you a photo of that! Hopefully I get a picture with him. (Mom put it on Facebook if I do). So ya fun stuff is heading our way. Also Elder Dube will be coming to our Mission in February to do a mission tour. So plenty of people in high places will be visiting me & company.
     So now, transfers are a week from Wednesday. Crazy because I have been here in Amasaman for 4 and a 1/2 months so who knows if I will stay or be banished to another area! So I know that where ever they throw me is where they need me.
     I just wanna send a shot out to one Elder. Elder Smith, who sadly is being transferred next week to his family and the real world. It is super sad. A hero to the missionary work is finishing his mission and will go being known as one of THE best in the mission. 
     We had one investigator come to church this week. He has come 2 other times but the past 2 weeks he didn't. But now he is back so we are going to work really hard on helping him prepare for the 15th of Feb for his baptism.  Either me or Elder Reeves will be in the area (hopefully me) to see that through. 
     Well, I guess that is all for this week. Next time I am here I will know if I am staying or being banished else where. (That is my new joke about transfers is that they are banishments).  It makes it seem like an adventure, trying to work hard while in banishment. LOL. OK  BYE BYE!!!!
Love, Elder Bowden

No comments:

Post a Comment