Monday, February 9, 2015

Another Week

     Hello everyone!  Greetings from Ghana once again. It has been a very nice week here in the land of Ghana. I would just like to start by informing all of you that are interested in the AFCON that was mentioned just last week of what happened. Ghana and Ivory Coast made it all the way to the finals, and it was a a close one. After 90 minutes it was 0-0, so another 30 minutes were played and we were still left at 0-0. So it went to the dreaded penalties. The winner of the AFCON 2015 was non other then Ivory Coast winning
0-0 (9-8). Sorry Ghana. . .next time.
     Light off is not easy oh. If there is one thing that I would of done when I first came to Ghana, if I had known, was I would of bought a backup generator. They were like only 100 cedis and could of easily run an apartment of missionaries. Oh well. Now they are like 300 or 400 Ghana cedis so that is not possible. So we suffer with 12 hours of no light, and 12 hours with light on. So sleeping has been a real pain, but I have gotten used to it but my companion has not. He just tosses and turns. I feel bad for him.
     This week was good (minus light off). We had a lot of lessons and made a lot of contacts. Because of my duties as a District Leader I had to go on two exchanges this week in order to keep up with going on exchanges with everyone. On Wednesday I went with a missionary named Elder Legg. He is a great guy. He knows how to teach and how to do it to each persons level of understanding. It was so funny. One lesson I just couldn't stop laughing because he was just making jokes with the investigator the whole time and it was applying to the principle that we were teaching. It helped that person understand more of what we were trying to tell her.
     The other exchange I went on was with my MTC/AP Elder Clark. He is in my District so I went with him into his area. He has a truck! It was great. His area is a completely different world, compared to the rest of the New Town Ward. My area and the other Elders area is mostly Muslim and poor. Elder Clark's area. . .BMW's, Porsche's, Lamborghini, Audi's and other nice things like that. We saw an Audi R8 fly by and we are both like WOW!!! Who knew Ghana had one. His area, is so different that I was wondering why it wasn't it's own ward. It really could be, but then again there are only like 10 members in it. AND IT IS A MASSIVE AREA!!!!!!
     We had four investigators at Church and it was sweet. During the second and third hour the Bishop gets up and starts finishing the members for failing to pay their tithing and all that good stuff. It was so funny, he went through every column on the tithing slip and explained what it meant and what it did and why we needed to contribute to it. Even the "other" section he took time explaining it. I was shocked. So was Elder Clark.  After church everyone rushed up to pay their tithing. So funny. Even some investigators payed their tithing it was soooo good.
     I think that will be all for this week. Thank you so much for all of your prayers on my behalf. Let's make these next two months good ones! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

ELDER BOWDEN

No comments:

Post a Comment