Monday, February 23, 2015

Two Weeks in a Nut Shell

     Well...sorry about not emailing any of you back last week. I hope that I repented today. Well lets get to it. Last week we had transfers. Exciting because this is my last transfer on mission. I will be staying in New Town for the last six weeks of my mission. Great. I also have a new companion. His name is Elder Graves. There is a tradition that the last companion on mission is the missionary to "Kill you" So Elder Graves will be the one to kill me. It is funny because his name is Graves. . .Get it GRAVES. . .Haha. Elder Graves will send me to my Grave. Get it? He is from San Jose California. He is the tallest missionary in the mission. He has been on mission a little over seven months now. He is into computers video games and star wars and a lot of that good stuff. So he is cool for me.
     Also found out on Sunday that the New Town Ward will be split this upcoming week. Which is weird because we had our Ward Conference last week and now they will split it in the upcoming week. Crazy I know. It is whatever. It is being split because a lot of members stay in a farther part of the ward boundaries and have to travel all the way out here for Church. However, the rented building that they are going to be using is not yet finished. . .so they will still be going to the same building. . .which can not even fit everyone into it as is. Whatever. Now there will be one ward (that will be the one i am in) and one branch (the other missionaries will be in) for now. Okay, so it will be cool to see how much faster the work progresses once they actually get their building.
     We had five investigators come to church yesterday. It was really cool. I didn't think that all five would come, but it was amazing to see that all five of our investigators with Baptismal dates for the 15th of March came. Please be praying for them. They need it super badly. Also Pray for rain. It is the reason for all of the light off I believe, and as the months go by there is less and less of it. We are in the late beginning of rainy season and only twice has it rained and only for about 30 to 90 minutes. I hear the even in Utah it is pretty bad. So I will be praying for you and you can pray for me. Sounds like a good deal.
     As the weeks roll by, I would just like all of you to know that I plan on returning on the 31st of March. I will be landing at the Salt Lake City international airport. I will not be flying to the St. George Airport. This is my own choice because I will be going to General Conference that weekend. I also want to do some training up in Salt Lake City and because the area is higher in elevation I want that to help kick my butt a little bit. It will help push me to train harder and harder. I just am so excited to hear from all of you once I am home. It is not easy. At transfers last week everyone was talking to me about it. One was like. . .your still here? And I was like. . .ya! And he was like. . .bro you gotta go! And I was like I KNOW!!!!!. LOL.
Ok well I am going to sign out for this week. Hope you all have a wonderful day and week and we will see ya later.

Love

Elder Bowden

No comments:

Post a Comment