Monday, April 15, 2013

Week 3

Hi Everyone!!!

     It's me here in Ghana. Today I don't really have much to share besides the fact that we have 9 investigators with baptismal dates! So thats pretty cool! The work here is moving really fast and we don't have time for them all in one day. So we can't always check up on them and they always want us to come back the next day. So we are super busy here in Kpone. This tiny town is right on the beach and is super breezy. Its awesome! It rained for a little bit this morning and I enjoyed it. 

     Please let everyone know how much I appreciate their letters. I love reading all of them and I wish I could reply to them all.  Maybe next week. 

     So I got a funny story that happened while we were teaching an investigator. We will call her Sarah for fun. But anyways, Sarah works at a tiny little store she runs. Me and Elder Tribe had contacted her earlier in the week, and she wanted to hear what we had to say. So we go back and give her the whole restoration, lesson 1. She is really receptive and wants to join, there is just one little problem...she won't leave her church. So this is where the funny part comes in. So Elder Tribe is in shock, and doesn't know what to say, so I ask one simple question, "So, Sarah, what you're telling us is that if Jesus Christ came down, pointed at the LDS church building and said "thats my church" you still wouldn't join? and her response was NO. NO!!!! I thought it was pretty funny, but sad.  Elder Tribe at this point decides it's time to end the lesson. So we end, leave, and on the way to our next appointment he's just trying to think of what to do. Well, I say we need to go back in a few days. He has no desire to do so. Well, I win, we go back, and she has agreed to come to church and now has a baptismal date! 

     Another story, I had fufu!!! It's ok, I'll eat it but i will need plenty of water because it is hot, like Bill from Pizza Factory dipping sauce hot!!! I wish I had more water on me because it was really good.  I just couldn't eat that much and felt bad for having to eat so little. Luckily I had 3 other missionaries to save me.

     I found another food I like here. It's like a roll/donut all in one - it's so good. I love it. It's only 50 pesways so I eat it a lot here. The only problem with them is they are super fattening. By the way, little old Ty here weighs 137.6 pounds!!! A member had a scale and we all weighed ourselves last night. Ya, and I'm not even fat! But maybe it's the 10 liters of water I drink every day. 

     Well thats it for this week. Love you guys a ton and am doing great. Cya next week!!!


Love, 

Elder Bowden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment