Monday, July 14, 2014

A day to remember

     Hello, well, you need to repent. All of you. It is still my mom, and only my mom who is following up on the PMG challenge from Elder Ballard. If you need my e mail address you can get it from my mother.
     This week we died! Physically (not literally, no one is dead. . .yet. . .) we just drained ourselves, we walk, we pounded, and destroyed the ground below us. I am still super tired. I don't know how we did that. We were just doing what we always do, but we died doing it. I was super happy about it, but this morning I didn't wanna get up. Thats one reason this is coming super late (we'll get to that in a minute).
     Sadly this week is the last week of the transfers. WOW! These past six weeks have just flown by. This has been such a fun transfer. I really hope nothing changes and that I stay in my area with Elder Shangase, but who knows but God. I will find out on Saturday and I will let you know next week. It's sad, because I don't wanna leave such an amazing Ward and area.
     Church yesterday was really good. We were blessed to have two investigators come to church. Comfort and Samson.
     Samson is a 50 year old man who only speaks Twi. He is fun though. This past week we were unable to see him because his phone was spoiled and his fellowshipper couldn't get a hold of him for us. He is planning on being baptized this Sunday, which will be awesome because he loves the church and is learning to speak English small small.
     Comfort is a mechanic (well she is going to school to be a mechanic), and supper stubborn. She is you could say a less active Jehovah Witness. It all started with me asking her who is God. She said Jehovah is God, and you can guess what happened next. Some few odd minutes battle about how Jesus Christ is Jehovah, she was pretty satisfied, but then asked well if Jehovah is Christ, who is God?' Then we answered, 'Elohim'. She froze. She stated that she knew that name and that she knew that was God's name. AND. . . .she's now Golden. Adam and Eve was another battle, but we settled that one. Got to baptisms for the dead and spirit world, showed her 1 Corinthians 15:29, she was like "What" and were like 'ya'. Showed her the scripture in 2 Corinthians about the 3rd heaven, how can there be a 3rd heaven if there isn't a 1st or 2nd, then back to 1 Corinthians 15 about the degrees of glory. She's great.
      We have another, Abigail, who will also be baptized this Sunday. She missed yesterday because she was sick. But she loves the teachings and she enjoys the church so much. She has a small baby that members help take care of during church so she can focus on learning. That I appreciate so much.
     So today we had a zone activity that was suppose to start at 10 and started at 11 something and ended at 4! Suppose to end at 12. Ya, so sorry that this is coming super late today. My computer is being glitchy and I was just barely able to get onto the computer and see that my mom has emailed wondering where I am, so, ya. . . not the best day. . .
     Well, things are going well. When I say well, I mean gas prices have jumped, Germany won the world cup, transfers are next week, and I am out of candy. . . :( What could be worse. LOL. So I hope we all have a wonderful week and I will talk to you next time.

Love,

Elder Bowden


No comments:

Post a Comment