Monday, September 1, 2014

Transfers

Well everyone. . .sadly another six weeks have passed, and another transfer has come. Sadly, I am leaving Mataheko Ward and am moving to a neighboring ward called Dansoman. I do not know how to say my companions name, but he is from Kenya, so that should be an adventure. That's all I am going to say about transfers.
Last week in Mataheko was really good. I got to go on an exchange with Elder Anderson (my zone leader and former companion) and that was a ton of fun. In fact it was our most successful day of the week. We had nine lessons and eleven contacts that day. It was a fun day.
So you may want to know about the ping pong rematch with the guy from Ethopia. we did play, i did lose, but it wasn't as bad this time. 21-19. I think that was a big improvement from our last encounter. LOL. Yup.
The last thing I want to talk about before I leave is that we had a BAPTISM THIS WEEK!!!! YAY!!!! One of our investigators that has been coming for a while was finally baptized. Her name is Abigail. She is awesome. For the past 3 weeks we've just been reading the Book of Mormon with her to help her understand and get in the habit of reading it with her. Finally, YESTERDAY, she was Baptized! Elder Tullis was the one to baptize her, because one of his investigators was also baptized on Sunday. As a Mataheko District we baptized 2 people this month. YAY!!!!!
Alright, well I am gonna go. Sorry this is short but I honestly don't feel like saying much this week. A little bummed about transfers and what not. Thank you for all of your love and support, and please continue to pray for me. I will need it.

Love,

Elder Bowden

No comments:

Post a Comment