Monday, December 1, 2014

From Zero to This

Well Friends and Family, another week has passed by and well, we had a nice week. I am truly grateful for all of the prayers and support that you have been giving to me these past few weeks. It hasn't been easy, Dansoman is not a easy area, especially to baptize in. However, thanks to all of the prayers being sent our way, we have had a blessed two Sundays filled with plenty of Baptisms. Last week as I mentioned we had one baptism. To continue that yesterday Jerry and Nathaniel entered into the waters of baptism and are now entering into the gate of eternal life.

So because of some issues we had to take Jerry and Nathaniel to visit President Hill during the week, and that is done at the Area Office at Accra, also where the Temple is located at. The experience that they had was amazing. As we were walking around the Temple Grounds waiting for President Hill to arrive (he showed up very late), they just were in awe at what they saw, asking questions and so forth, they even wanted to enter into the Temple. Sadly we had to explain that it would take some time before they could. We have already talked about the Temple with them so they understand the importance of it, now they just want to enter.  While walking they stopped, I asked if everything was okay, and they said they just wanted to feel the breeze while waiting for President Hill. That 'feel the breeze' was them just taking in the Spirit, it was so strong on all of us that we were in awe. We didn't want to leave after President Hill had arrived and did what needed to be done.

Last Sunday my Bishop asked me to assign two of the missionaries to give talks in Sacrament. Okay I thought. So I assigned one of my Sisters and myself to give talks on (you guessed it), Missionary Work. I had prepared a normal talk written it down and what not, then Sunday comes. Sitting on the stand, Sacrament meeting starts, everything is normal, then during the Ward Business, the worst thing possible happens. . . a shinny tan Toyota 4 X 4 shows up, and you'd never guess who it is. . . President Hill. OH BOY!!!!! I just gulped, already scared, now I am terrified. Bishop of course invites him to sit on the stand, next to me, and then announces (after the Sacrament) that President Hill would be the concluding speaker. So the Sister speaks and gives a really good talk. Then, my turn. . .I walk up to the pulpit, set my talk to the side, and just started to speak. I don't remember what I said, but it wasn't in my talk I can tell you that! Then surprisingly President Hill gets up and speaks, and it as if he was continuing where I left off in my talk. It was wonderful!

Then after the church service, we had the Baptism. President Hill stayed for that, I conducted the program. It was a really good time. It was super special for all of them. They all enjoyed it so so so very much. I am super happy for Jerry and Nathaniel. They have been prepared for this day, and now, they got one of the greatest things that God could ever give. Eternal Life.

Well folks. That is it for this week. Can you believe that it is December. That is so crazy.  AWESOME!!!! OKAY. . .

BYE BYE BYU BYU BYE BYE!!!!


LOVE


Elder Ty M. Bowden

No comments:

Post a Comment