Monday, December 22, 2014

It's Official and Merry Christmas

Well everyone, it is official!  I am leaving on March 31, 2015.  That is a Tuesday and I will arrive home on April 1, 2015.  I do not know all the details, but in 100 days, Elder Ty M. Bowden is coming home.  That is my Christmas present to you.

And so another week passes by.  I am a missionary in the New Town Ward.  It is a difficult change.  To be honest, I didn't think is would be, but I am home sick for Dansoman Ward.  I want to go back there so much.  It was a great area and the members there were so friendly.  Now I just have to get familiar with these members and get them to become my friend.  So my new ward is pretty interesting.  It is a very big ward, however, my area is very small.  The APs and the other missionaries have bigger areas, but they live farther from the area and the chapel, which isn't even in the ward boundaries.  It is so bizarre.  If you were to draw a rectangle, with the long side going up, and then in the very bottom left corner of the rectangle, you draw a dot that is where the chapel is.  Far from all of the areas.  The Bishop is a nice guy - very young and funny.  A lot of members don't live in our ward boundaries, but in other wards because this chapel is closer to them than the other chapel.  So that is my new ward.

As it is the Christmas season, let us remember the true meaning of Christmas.  It isn't about the gifts or the tinsel or any other wordly things.  It is about what one man gave us so that we could live forever.  We can give back at this time.  Let us give freely as he gave freely so that no one will have to suffer as he suffered.  Let's share the joyful message of Christmas at this time.  Merry Christmas to you all!

Ok, well, I am going to go.  There is nothing really else to talk about seeing that I am calling my family for the last time!  Then in 3 months, I will be home!

Love,

Elder Ty M. Bowden

No comments:

Post a Comment