Monday, December 29, 2014

Thanks Mom

So. . .If you look back to the Monday, November 10, 2014 blog letter, I informed you all that this photo in the background was not a gun! Well, my Mother, was still not convinced, she somehow still thinks that this is a gun!?!? I don't know how, but she does. . .

So I found a nifty little link on www.lds.org so I thought you might like to see this.

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/mormon-temples-currently-under-construction

It is sweet. Spent a good amount of time looking at it.

I then read Elder Holland's talk from Conference:

Then I got curious as to what scene was being displayed in the photo. . .so I looked for it . . . couldn't find it so I put my favorite one I saw. . .

But then it wouldn't load due to internet problems. . .

I got to talk to my family on Christmas day! That was nice. Very nice. I enjoyed talking to them and letting them know about my adventures in Africa. It has been quite an adventure! It is crazy to think how fast it has gone and how little time is left for me to be in this wonderful place. Like basically the whole phone call was how I was coming home. So after the call I started thinking of the song "I'm coming home." That will be mentioned in a later post on a later day. Stay tuned for that. 

New Town is a good area. All of last week we went Christmas caroling and got to spend a few good hours with the members caroling at certain venues and what not. One of those venues was the Maamobi Police Station. We sang to the people in the holding cell. . .that was interesting. . .singing to them was nice. The Bishop afterwards addressed the "inmates" and told them basically to repent. . .go figure. . .

Well, I think that is all the time I have for now. The internet has been really slow today. I would like to thank all of those who sent me letters and packages this Christmas season. They were well welcomed and much loved. Thank you to all for your prayers in my behalf. I cannot wait to hear from you all soon. 

Love,

Elder Ty M. Bowden

No comments:

Post a Comment